LATEST NEWSThe 9 Best 3D Printed Christmas Decorations
In the week before Christmas, here at TRIG, we … READ MOREProduct Design Trends 2017
As we are approaching 2017 Trig got to thinking … READ MOREExporting Design, Importing Manufacture
British Design Talent Pool British design has … READ MOREHow 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing is Influencing the Development of Sports Goods
All serious sports men and women like to think … READ MORE
At Trig Creative we offer a full New Product Development (NPD) solution which includes design, development and analysis.
You may hear the phrase “product analysis” used in a variety of different ways as it has a multitude of meanings within the product design and development process.
Product analysis can fall into any of the following:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – the process of virtually testing a design using specialist software to check it meets performance criteria such as strength, load tests, stress tests etc.
- Lifecycle Analysis (LCA) – In the development of sustainable products we employ a lifecycle analysis where we assess the supply chain, use of materials, manufacturing practicality and energy consumption as well as designing for end of life disassembly.
- Design for manufacture (DFM) – the process of designing a product with manufacturing considerations in mind, this is part of the general Trig Creative process and we guarantee our work to be designed for manufacture. Some designs are developed that cannot be easily or practically manufactured but all Trig Creative designs are developed production ready.
- Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) – the application of the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) method specifically to product design. This means that the Trig team work out how and when a product design might fail and what effect this will have. From the results the team will try and eliminate potentially dangerous situations, costly repair, or recalls for the
Product analysis falls into the develop phase of our four step process. The develop phase also includes 3D CAD modelling, rapid prototypes, product engineering and digital visuals. By implementing each of these steps Trig Creative ensure that the designs are fit for manufacture.
What will you get?
As a result of the product analysis process the team at Trig Creative will work out:
- Final specification of production materials
- Specification of the production tooling required for manufacture
- Performance characteristics of the product
- Maximum operational limits of the design
Why Choose Trig Creative
With over 25 years’ experience in the product development industry the experts at Trig Creative have established themselves as one of the leading product design and development agencies in the north. Working in a wide variety of industries including automotive, electronics, sports and medical Trig Creative use their unique 4 phase process to observe, explore, develop and implement your new product.
If you require product analysis for a new product idea which you are looking to take through the product design and development process then please get in touch with our experts.